[Histonet] pan human cell marker

Elizabeth Chlipala liz <@t> premierlab.com
Mon Jul 24 17:48:01 CDT 2006

Jason

We on occasion work on seeded construct sample that are implanted into
several species.  We use in-situ hybridization to determine whether or not
the cells are from a specific species.  For example we have used mouse DNA
satilite sequences to determine mouse cells from seeded porcine cells. In
that project we used a Mouse satellite DNA repeat sequence that only appears
in the Mouse but not the Pig genome.  There are several papers that look at
in-situ hybridization to determine human cells.  I'll attach one in an
additional e-mail.  We got our probes from GeneDetect and they were very
helpful with helping us pick out what we needed.

Liz

Manager
Premier Laboratory, LLC
P.O. Box 18592