[Histonet] Gomori's Trichrome on Cementum of a Human Tooth

Ho, Sunita Sunita.Ho <@t> ucsf.edu
Sun Jul 23 15:54:35 CDT 2006

Hi All,

I recently stained a decalcified human cementum tissue with Gomori's
Trichrome (using a standard procedure provided in any histology text
book).  I have regions of red and blue - Cementum was predominantly
stained red and dentin blue (consistently observed between many
specimens).  I am assuming that this was primarily due to packing
density of collagen, more in cementum than in dentin.  The cementum
around the lacunae was stained blue.  Is my assumption correct or is
there a better technical answer for what I observed using a light
microscope?  I look forward to your thoughts.

Thanks in advance.

Sunita