[Histonet] Leica microtome

Solomon Adebayo benardsolomona <@t> yahoo.com
Wed Jul 19 06:23:21 CDT 2006

we recently overcame similar problem in our laboratory
at the Pathology dept. Unilorin teaching hostpital
ilorin Nigeria. It really gave us a lot of sleepless
night. However the joy of getting over the problem
through patient application of the knowledge of how
the microtome works and other factors that makes for
excellent manipulation of the microtome for good
results was worth the effort.
I will advice you to do the following:
(1)Lubricate the machine with the lubricating fluid
that came with it.
(2)Make sure all the screws and knob on the block
holder are tight and well orientated.
(3)Re-set the angle of tilt.
Cheers
Benard Solomon