[Histonet] Job posting - North Chicago, IL

Jackie M O'Connor Jackie.O'Connor <@t> abbott.com
Fri Jul 14 16:55:24 CDT 2006

This is a great opportunity!     Please direct inquiries to
Alex.Shoemaker <@t> abbott.com.

Abbott is committed to the discovery and development of innovative
treatments to help patients in the fight against cancer. Abbott is at the
forefront of cancer research in discovering and developing novel
treatments that offer a new approach to cancer therapy.  Our strong
pipeline includes signal transduction inhibitors as well as first in class
agents that target angiogenesis, metastasis and resistance to apoptosis.
Abbott’s oncology franchise extends beyond pharmaceutical research to
provide a range of health care products, from supportive care products for
pain management, to diagnostic tests for the detection of cancer.

Our expanding In Vivo Tumor Biology group and has an opening for a
motivated individual who is dedicated to the discovery of new medicines
for the treatment of cancer.  This team conducts cutting-edge research to
characterize antibody and small molecule therapeutics from an array of
oncology programs.  Our scientists are integral members of drug-discovery
teams who interface with both internal and external biomarker, toxicology,
proteomics and genomics groups to deliver novel and effective clinical
candidates.

Located in the Chicago, IL area, we have the following opening:

Histology Associate
Individual will join a tumor biology team to conduct tissue processing,
sectioning and staining procedures.  Requires either a BS degree in
biology or Associate degree with 2-5 years histology experience.
Experience with tissue collection and preparation for routine staining,
tissue processing, embedding, sectioning (paraffin and cryostat),
microscopy and experience with conducting established IHC stains (e.g.
H&E, caspase, Ki67) as well as optimizing new antibodies,  are required.
ASCP-HT certification and animal pharmacology experience are a plus.
Strong organizational, record keeping and computer skills are essential. (
Job code 34469BR)

For more details on each position and consideration, please visit
www.abbott.com.  Click the Career Center, Job Opportunities, Search
Openings, Enter 34469BR listed into the Keyword field.