Fw: [Histonet] tissue loss

trine.gejsing <@t> leo-pharma.com trine.gejsing <@t> leo-pharma.com
Fri Jul 14 00:24:15 CDT 2006

----- Forwarded by Trine Gejsing/Ballerup/DK/LEO on 14-07-2006 07:13 -----

Maybe you are boiling the slides "too hard". If the tissue contains a lot
of collagen, that gives problems.
Start out on full effect 900W or so. It would take like 9 min. When the
buffer is boiling, immediatly set the effekt on 450W and cook for 25 min.
I assume the tisuue is on Frost+ glass ?

histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
cc

Subject
[Histonet] tissue loss

Hi - I'm trying a citrate buffer antigen retrieval protocol.  After I
have dewaxed the slides, I put them in citrate buffer - protocol says
microwave on high for 25 minutes.  However, when I remove the slides all
the tissue has slid off the slide.  Any suggestions? Melissa
--
Melissa R. Mazan, DVM, Diplomate ACVIM
Associate Professor of Large Animal Medicine