[Histonet] antibodies/protocols for oligodendrocytes & microglia

Maria Mejia mbmphoto <@t> gmail.com
Tue Jul 11 23:25:05 CDT 2006

If there is anyone out there doing IHC/IF on primate free-floating
40um cryostat sections
fixed in Zamboni fixative for Oligodendrocytes & Microglia - our lab
would very much like
to hear from you!!!  Even though we have been successful doing IHC/IF
for other markers,
we have had NO success with the two above markers.

We are in need of working protocol(s) & successful antibodies for
Oligodendrocytes &
Microglia. We have tried several antibodies for IHC/IF from several
companies such as:
Chemicon's anti-CNpase for oligodendrocytes - no staining.
LabVision's mylein base protein (a protein that is expressed in
oligodendrocytes) -
it stained the mylein sheath but not the cell bodies.
Biocare Medical's microglia (Iba1) antibody - also without success.

I can tell you its been very frustrating trying various antibodies/
protocols - all without
success on our primate sections. Please, we would greatly appreciate
any information,
helpful tips & equally important share your working protocol(s). We
also want to hear
from companies too.

Yours

Maria Bartola Mejia