[Histonet] Paraffin cleaning product

tracy.bergeron <@t> crl.com tracy.bergeron <@t> crl.com
Thu Jan 26 12:59:12 CST 2006

Hi Ana,

        We use Para/Gard which is made by TBS.  It is a great product and
can be purchased through VWR.

The link is below:

http://www.vwrsp.com/catalog/product/index.cgi?catalog_number=15147-908&inE=1&highlight=15147-908

Tracy E. Bergeron, BS, HT (ASCP)
Histotechnician
Charles River Laboratories
Wilmington, MA
978-658-6000 x 1229

"ana.merino-trigo" <ana.merino-trigo <@t> wanadoo.fr>
Sent by: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
01/26/2006 01:22 PM
Please respond to
"ana.merino-trigo" <ana.merino-trigo <@t> wanadoo.fr>

cc

Subject
[Histonet] Paraffin cleaning product

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone could suggest me a product to clean residues of
paraffin in microtome, bench, tools... When working in Europe I was using
a product "SafeSolv" from Labonord. In my actual lab at San Diego, they
cannot order from this company and I'm not aware about products that I
could find here. I search on the web "safesolv" and it comes several
things, one is this link http://www.washwax.com/fc_purchase.html, could
you please let me know if any of this products will do the job? I could
use xylen to clean but microtome it's not on the hood to be using xylen
and I don't have a easy access to a hood for this purpose.

Thanks a lot,

Ana