[Histonet] Pre-collagen question

Jim Staruk jstaruk <@t> masshistology.com
Tue Jan 17 16:19:50 CST 2006

Hi all,

I received a request to perform a "pre-collagen" stain on skin tissue using
a version of Herovici's stain for young and mature collagen (mature collagen
stains red while young collagen stains blue).  For a control, I used a 5-day
old post surgical incision which demonstrates nice granulation tissue and
fibroblasts forming connective tissue at the incision and around the suture
material.  There's plenty of red collagen but nothing is staining blue.  Can
anyone advise me if this is the appropriate control to use for this
pre-collagen stain?

Anyone planning on invoicing me for their reply need not respond to this
question.

Thank you

Jim

    Jim Staruk