[Histonet] Eosin too pink

Molinari, Betsy BMolinari <@t> heart.thi.tmc.edu
Fri Jan 13 11:57:38 CST 2006

Helayne,
I have always stained my slides manually and I also use the same Richard
Allen solutions. But my samples deparaffinize thru Xylenes - 100% (x3)
to 95%. Then rinse in tap water and a rinse in DH2O. The following steps
are all done for one minute:
Hematoxylin
Tap water rinse
Clarifier (Richard Allan)
Tap rinse
Bluing (Richard Allan)
Tap rinse
95% ETOH
Eosin Y
100% ETOH (agitate the slides well to remove excess eosin)
100% ETOH
100% ETOH
Xylenes x3

Betsy Molinari HT (ASCP)