[Histonet] Disciplinary plan

Gayle Callis gcallis <@t> montana.edu
Fri Jan 13 09:51:53 CST 2006

Betsy,

Excellent suggestion.  Safety glasses with bifocal magnification on the
safety lenses that fit OVER prescription glasses are available from Fisher,
Marketlab, Newcomer Supply.   We use these and the techs have their own for
their personal use.  It is a cheap way to help out at embedding center or
other hard to see tasks, even microtomy.

Or make sure there is good lighting and a decent magnifier on embedding
center.  We prefer the bifocals instead - they don't get in the way.

For labeling problems in a high through-put reference lab, consider buying
a slide labeler.  Writing on slides is often messy and hard to read, the
same goes for cassettes.  These instruments also eliminate repetitive
motion problems on labeling slanted surfaces and tons of slides.

At 04:38 AM 1/13/2006, you wrote:
>One more suggestion, we had this problem and the tech had her eyes
>checked and found she needed glasses. The result in the lab was
>immediate.
>
>Betsy Molinari HT (ASCP)

Gayle Callis
Research Histopathology Supervisor