[Histonet] Disciplinary plan

connie grubaugh conniegrubaugh <@t> hotmail.com
Thu Jan 12 19:39:37 CST 2006

We need any and all suggestions to implement a disciplinary plan for slide
labeling errors.  99% of the time the errors are caught by the person that
is labeling the slides and checking them with the blocks and reports before
they leave the lab.  But we have a on going problem with one tech that
mislabeled slides or does not label them at all.  We process around 400
blocks a day and on a regular day there can be any where from 2-8 cases of
slides that are mislabeled.  Since we are a reference lab and have drivers
waiting to take the slides to the doctors at hospitals around the valley
this has slowed us up.  Also for improper embedding of specimens.  Obvious
specimens like vas deferens and cervical cones.
Since we have a assistant doing the labeling and putting the cases together
for send out she is not the familiar with what all tissues are supposed to
look like.

Thanks.
Connie Grubaugh
Las Vegas Nv.