[Histonet] paraformaldehyde in the microwave

Michael Doube m.doube <@t> qmul.ac.uk
Thu Jan 12 14:34:50 CST 2006

Hi there

It's been a while since I last made 4% paraformaldehyde in
phosphate-buffered saline - it was a few years back as an undergrad.
This time I'm in a new lab, and found that there is no hotplate!  So,
after trying to keep the suspension warm with hot water baths (tedious)
, I resorted to the microwave, on low power.  It seems to work much
faster than what I remember with the conventional technique.  Has anyone
had any experience with this?

Mike

--
Michael Doube  BPhil BVSc MRCVS