[Histonet] EM Survey

Molinari, Betsy BMolinari <@t> heart.thi.tmc.edu
Wed Jan 4 05:46:42 CST 2006

Hi Debby,
 We make our own glut and store it in the fridge till it is ready to
process. We have an in-house EM lab, but ask that samples sent to the
lab be shipped in a Styrofoam container w/ a "frigidbrick".

Betsy Molinari HT (ASCP)
Texas Heart Institute
Cardiovascular Pathology
6770 Bertner Ave.
Houston,TX 77030
832-355-6524
832-355-6812 (fax)

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Grant,
Debra, R
Sent: Tuesday, January 03, 2006 3:06 PM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] EM Survey

Hi All,

It's survey time! Do labs make their own Glutaraldehyde for EM or buy
it? If you buy it, which vendor is preferred? Also, do you keep the
glutaraldehyde (with the specimen) in the refrigerator until you send it
out to the lab for EM work, or can it be left out at room temperature?

Kind Regards,

Debby R. Grant HT(ASCP)
Histology Coordinator
The Children's Mercy Hospital & Clinics