[Histonet] ICH Mouse tissue (kidney, vessels)

Britta Karpe brittakarpe <@t> googlemail.com
Tue Feb 21 13:22:40 CST 2006

Hello Histonetters!

I´m a newbie in IHC and look for staining-methods of CD 40 / CD 154 / CRP /
Nitrotyrosin that work on (SNX)-Mouse kidney and vessels.
I tried an CRP polyclonal Antibody from Sigma with different unmasking
methods (heat/enzymes) and the ABC/AEC Detection System.
I found no specific staining but a lot of background which i tried to block
with Normal Serum and some Protein-Blocks (without success). The Sigma
Datasheet indicates that the antibody is specific for human, they have not
tested it on mouse tissues yet.
My colleague tried the same with CD40 and CD 154 without success.
Some papers show the results of CRP-stains on human kidney but the pictures
aren´t very convincing.
Somebody told me that only the Podocytes show a staining with CRP, and the
other stained cells (mesangial, tubular proximal cells..) are only
background... is that true?

Thanks for all advices!

Britta