[Histonet] whole brain in paraffin

Alan Bright abright <@t> brightinstruments.com
Mon Feb 20 05:07:32 CST 2006

Dear Nancy,

Please feel free to contact me as I have experience with this microtome.
One thing to note is that with sectioning large samples the design
caused advancing on the return stroke which damaged the surface for the
following sections. We had to redesign this fault on the microtomes we
fitted into our cryostats.

Best Regards

Alan Bright

Bright Instrument Co.Ltd.
St Margaret's Way
Huntingdon
Cambridgeshire
PE29 6EU
England

Tel No:+44 (0)1480 454528
Fax No:+44 (0)1480 456031
Email: abright <@t> brightinstruments.com
Web Site: www.brightinstruments.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Nancy Lemke [mailto:nsnwl <@t> neuro.hfh.edu]
Sent: 16 February 2006 13:25
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] whole brain in paraffin

Good Morning Histonet,
I would like some information about the preparation and sectioning of
1-2cm slabs of human brain.  The cutting will be done on an old Reichert
Tetrander (sliding) microtome with a giant steel blade.  If anyone who
has experience with this sort of sectioning would email me I would love
to ask some questions. Thank you in advance, Nancy Lemke Research
Coordinator Hermelin Brain Tumor Center Henry Ford Hospital Detroit

======
Go to http://henryford.com
We're Henry Ford. We Can.

HFHS CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email contains information from the
sender that may be CONFIDENTIAL, LEGALLY PRIVILEGED, PROPRIETARY or
otherwise protected from disclosure. This email is intended for use only
by the person or entity to whom it is addressed.  If you are not the
intended recipient, any use, disclosure, copying, distribution,
printing, or any action taken in reliance on the contents of this email,
is strictly prohibited. If you received this email in error, please
contact the sending party by replying in an email to the sender, delete
the email from your computer system and shred any paper copies of the
email you printed.

Note to Patients: There are a number of risks you should consider before
using e-mail to communicate with us. These risks are described in our
Privacy Policy at http://henryford.com.  Review that policy carefully
before continuing to communicate with us by e-mail. For greater Internet
security, our policy describes the Henry Ford MyHealth electronic
communication process - you may register at http://henryford.com.  If
you do not believe that our policy gives you the privacy and security
protection you need, do not send e-mail or Internet communications to
us.