[Histonet] Fw: Help needed

Jennifer MacDonald JMacDonald <@t> mtsac.edu
Mon Feb 13 17:37:21 CST 2006

A friend has asked advice using MMA.  I have no experience.  Can anyone
help? See message below.
Thank you.
Jennifer MacDonald
----- Forwarded by Jennifer MacDonald/Biology/NaturalSciencesDiv/MtSAC on
02/13/2006 03:35 PM -----

"Guerrero, Debbie" <dguerrero <@t> hei.org>
02/13/2006 02:32 PM

<JMacdonald <@t> mtsac.edu>
cc

Subject
Help needed

  I have a question and I'm wondering if you can offer some advice.
I'm currently embedding M. cochlea in JB-4 (GMA) and Technovit 9100 New,
which is MMA.  We are having a very hard times with the sections in MMA
sticking to the slides, the completely fall of, even before staining. I've
tried what they suggest of putting 30% ETOH to the knife and pick it up on
a superfrost slide that has 50% ETOH, but no success.  Also tomorrow we
are going to try embedd in polyester wax.  I've been reading about it and
I've found that sections also have difficulty staying on the slide.

Any sugestions will be highly appreciated.

P.S GMA sections no problems, they have worked fine, even with the H&E.

Debbie