[Histonet] mounting media

Instrumedics info <@t> instrumedics.com
Fri Feb 10 11:13:55 CST 2006

Cheryl
CureMount is dispensed just like Permount. The cover glass is placed over the slide making sure not to trap bubbles as one usually does.

The slide is then placed under a UV lamp for 20 sec. The cover slip will be fixed in place and the slide is ready to be viewed in the microscope

We have had no indication that there is any storage problem. CureMount I for frozen sections and CureMount II for paraffin sections comes in a 60ml amber dropping bottle.

The starter kit of 2 bottles of CureMount and a UV lamp is reasonably priced .

Bernice
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Cheryl
  To: Instrumedics ; HistoNet Server
  Sent: Friday, February 10, 2006 11:38 AM
  Subject: Re: [Histonet] mounting media

  I'd like to learn more about this--

  Is this used with coverslips or like flo-tex (sp?) is used--poured over a slide?  What are the storage statistics (temp/humidity/longevity) and can we try it without breaking the budget or a patented UV source??

  Instrumedics <info <@t> instrumedics.com> wrote:
    I read the interesting review of mounting media by Tony Collins in Microscopy Today. I regret that CureMount, which is an Instrumedics product was not evaluated.

    was developed to have a refractive index that matches that of dehydrated and cleared frozen and paraffin sections. It contains a photocatalyst which makes it possible to "cure" the CureMount with 20 sec UV exposure .

    The slide is "dry" and can actually be filed immedicatedly. The best part is that the optical properties in the light microscope make the background virtually invisible and the stained structures have greater clarity.

    Bernice