[Histonet] Weak hematoxylin counterstaining in immunohistochemistry

Guillermo Palao gpbnas <@t> yahoo.es
Wed Feb 8 14:04:48 CST 2006

Dear All,

  I am quite new to the histological techniques, but the fact is that I have been counterstaining with Harris Hematoxylin immunohistochemistry frozen samples fixed with acetone without problems until now. With different antibodies but similarly prepared slides counterstaining of nuclei is very weak, only their outer ring being clearly stained. Why is this happpening? Any help on how to resolve this issue is really welcomed.

Guillermo Palao, MD. Ph.D.
Laboratorio de Reumatología
Centro de Investigación
Hospital 12 de Octubre