[Histonet] Technovit 7100 resin removal

Gayle Callis gcallis <@t> montana.edu
Tue Feb 7 14:37:01 CST 2006

Techovits 7100 is a Glycol methacrylate (GMA)  formulation and once
polymerized, cannot be removed from the section or etched either.   Water
may soften the plastic but it does NOT dissolve it away.   If you want to
remove a plastic from a section for Immunostaining, then the Technovits
9100, methyl methacrylate would be a better choice for embedding, then use
60C xylene or a solvent that will dissolve the MMA away.