[Histonet] Immunohistochemistry on mouse teeth

Amy Porter portera <@t> msu.edu
Mon Feb 6 13:25:02 CST 2006

Diane - Are you using a mouse primary?  Didn't make a comment about this in
your original post.  If you are you would want to be using mouse on mouse
staining techniques or kits.  We always use another piece of tissue from the
same animal if possible as a postive control, usually something from G.I.
tract.  Lots of proliferation going on there.  Hope this helps out,
----- Original Message -----
From: "Horn, Diane A" <hornd <@t> uthscsa.edu>
To: <histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu>
Sent: Sunday, February 05, 2006 11:19 PM
Subject: [Histonet] Immunohistochemistry on mouse teeth

I am currently doing IHC on develping mouse teeth and I am getting only
backgroung staining.  The tissues are fixed O/N in 4% paraformaldehyde @4
degrees and embedded in paraffin.  I have cut my sections @ 4um.  I have
tried HIER with Vector unmasking solution (boiling) for 2 minutes and using
a kit for PCNA from Zymed.  Has anyone done IHC on teeth that could give me
some advice on what to try next?

Thanks!
Diane