[Histonet] Avoiding bilaterality mistakes

Stephen Peters M.D. petepath <@t> yahoo.com
Mon Feb 6 08:18:42 CST 2006

After our recent near miss on a bilateral breast case ( see fridays post :What
  are peoples feelings on pre labling slides?) we will be using different colored
  cassettes and matching slides for each side. I got this idea from Joyce Weems who told me she uses colored agar markers for laterality ( Thanks Joyce). This should
  help to prevent confusion at the grossing, cutting and reading stages. Thanks to all
  who answered my first post. I thought I would share what I hope is a good solution.

Stephen Peters M.D.
Vice Chairman of Pathology
Hackensack University Medical Center
201 996 4836