[Histonet] Tissue Processor Paraffin Temps for CAP Inspections

Rene J Buesa rjbuesa <@t> yahoo.com
Wed Feb 1 15:22:01 CST 2006

Amy:
  The digital thermometer in the VIP is not only very accurate but the most expeditious way of checking the temperature.
  Just prepare a log that include all your VIPs and record the temperature once a day.
  That is the way I did it, and never had problems with CAP inspectors.
  Hope this will help you.
  René J.

Amy Porter <portera <@t> msu.edu> wrote:
  If your willing to share - how are people monitoring the temperature of paraffin baths on tissue processors? Are you using additional thermometers directly into the paraffin baths, or just going by the digital read out on the display for the (oven on a VIP) instrument? Just curious how everyone is dealing with this particular item. Thanks in advance for the many responses and ideas I know I will get from asking this question!
Amy S. Porter, HT(ASCP) QIHC
Laboratory Supervisor
Michigan State University
Investigative HistoPathology Laboratory
Department of Physiology / Division of Human Pathology
2100 Biomedical Physical Sciences Bldg. Room #2133
East Lansing, MI 48824-3320
Phone: (517) 355-6475 ext 1480 / Fax: (517) 432-1368
Email: portera <@t> msu.edu
www.humanpathology.msu.edu