[Histonet] Wage and Productivity

Terri Braud tbraud <@t> holyredeemer.com
Thu Dec 28 15:29:55 CST 2006

There was a very interesting summation of block workloads provided on the Histonet back in '99.  I thought it was an excellent reference.  Not only did it give a general figure, but a breakdown of differing expectations, based on what was being cut.  Here is the link to that archived article:
http://www.histosearch.com/histonet/Apr99A/HistoTechPerformanceStand.html
For my labs, I generally use 30 per hour, for up to 2 slides per block from mixed tissues, large and small.
I hope this helps.
Terri
Terri L. Braud, HT(ASCP)
Anatomic Pathology Supv.
Laboratory, Holy Redeemer Hospital
1648 Huntingdon Pike
Meadowbrook, PA 19046
(215) 938-3689

-----Original Message-----
From: JEllin <@t> yumaregional.org
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Sent: Thu, 28 Dec 2006 11:25 AM
Subject: [Histonet] Wage and Productivity

 I was wondering of anyone that is willing to share wage information for
the southwest region of the USA.  Currently we are trying to build a
case, so that we can go to management for increases.  The infomormation
that we have from ASCP, helps, but they are wanting more.  I have gone
online and looked at job postings and it seems the starting salary
ranges from $23.00 to 26.00.  Also is there any articles out there that
pertain to how many blocks a tech should cut??

Jesus A. Ellin HT ASCP
Yuma Regional Medical Center
Histology Systems Technologist
Pathology Information Systems
928-336-7444 or 928-336-1144
Fax: 928-336-7319

This message is confidential, intended only for the named
recipient(s) and may contain information that is privileged
or exempt from disclosure under applicable law.  If you are
not the intended recipient(s), you are notified that the
dissemination, distribution, or copying of this message is
strictly prohibited.  If you receive this message in error,
or are not the named recipient(s), please notify the sender
at either the e-mail, fax, address, or telephone number
listed above and delete this e-mail from your computer.
Thank you.