[Histonet] Mounting large cryosections

Dasso, Greg (staff) dassog <@t> evergreen.edu
Tue Aug 29 11:19:56 CDT 2006

Histonetters,

I've been preparing CryoJane slides for my cryo sections on 25mm slides for the last year and they work great for 1 square-inch blocks. Our research has advanced and I am  moving to a 4 square-inch machine that requires a 48mm slide. CryoJane makes their 2-inch tape for section collection, however they do not make a 48mm slide with the adhesive coating used on their 24mm slides. I had heard that albumin will work, but was wondering if anyone else is mounting larger, whole-animal cryo sections and what solutions you could offer.

thanks in advance,

Greg Dasso
Barlow Scientific, Inc
dassog <@t> evergreen.edu