[Histonet] (no subject)

Amy Senn studentofdeath <@t> hotmail.com
Tue Aug 22 09:44:41 CDT 2006

Hello all,
We changed vendors recently, and are now using Thermo's Formal Fix in
plastic containers with red spigots.
Does anyone in histoland have suggestions/advice for opening the plastic
spout before screwing the spigot on?
Everything we've tried just doesn't seem safe to get these damn containers
open!  Scalpels are working the best so far, but I'm afraid I'll seriously
cut my fingers/hand when I'm pushing the blade into the rough plastic.  We
don't have anything else with a tip sharp enough to pierce the plastic---so
we tried hitting a metal handle with a mallot, but the formalin splashes
something awful when we do get through the container.
Anything you could suggest would be appreciated!
Thanks so much!
Amy

Quote of the Day:

'Procrastination is like masturbation.