[Histonet] Meditech LIS

Muskett David David.Muskett <@t> RLC.NHS.UK
Mon Aug 21 10:22:51 CDT 2006

Hello

We use Meditech

Meditech has the advantage over other pathology systems that it allows
electronic requisitioning if it is being used on the hospital wards.

It is not well designed for histology and presents a number of practical
difficulties using it.

There is no proper word processing package
The search functions are flawed
We print slide labels
We can print wordlists but not as good as other systems such as Telepath
We do basic stats
Once a specimen is accessed onto the system you can link to other
pathologies - it is generally quite cumbersome.

My advice is to spend a day with someone using it.

Regards

David

David Muskett
Chief Biomedical Scientist, Histology