[Histonet] contaminants in tissue processor

Kim O'Sullivan Kim.Osullivan <@t> med.monash.edu.au
Sun Aug 13 18:41:00 CDT 2006

Hi everyone,

We have a very old citadel tissue processor that we use to process mouse kidney,liver and joints. We have found recently white blooms (best description I can think of- looks like cotton wool) in the first pot of histosol after the last alcohol- does anyone know what these could be and how to prevent them?

Secondly since we have changed from using xylene to  histosol we seem to be getting a toffee like substance on the bottom of the wax pots-is there any way we can prevent this?

Any suggestions would be helpful

KimO'Sullivan