[Histonet] Re: sporadic CJD

RSRICHMOND <@t> aol.com RSRICHMOND <@t> aol.com
Sun Aug 13 13:17:11 CDT 2006

Cristin irgendwo in Oesterreich fragt:

>>I've been asked to work up some formalin fixed heart, lung, liver etc. but
NOT brain or CNS from a case with sporadic CJD. I've been told that this can
be done without any precautions, like every other specimen.<<

All tissues from a patient with Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease (CJD) should be
regarded as potentially infectious. Consult the CDC Web site at
http://www.cdc.gov/ncidod/dvrd/cjd/infection_control_cjd.htm
and obtain some expert advice with this problem.

Allein unter den Deutschspraechigen der Welt koennen die Oesterreicher lachen
- bitte aber nicht mit Lachenskrankheit (Kuru).

Bob Richmond
Knoxville, Tennessee and Gastonia, North Caroliina