[Histonet] Long term storage of mouse brains

Amber Tyler ANTYLER antyler <@t> uncg.edu
Wed Aug 9 18:16:00 CDT 2006

Hi,

I'm just beginning to learn histochemical techniques. I will have a number
of adult mouse brains I would like to store for about a year. What is the
best way to do this without causing tissue damage?

As of right now, I was thinking of fixing in 2-methyl-butane/dry ice then
storing at -80C.

I would like to eventually do Autoradiography and/or Immunohistochemistry
staining in the hypothalamus and hippocampus.

Thank you for any advice and information you can provide.

Amber N. Tyler, Ph.D.
Research Scientist
University of North Carolina - Greensboro
Greensboro, NC 27402
Office: 336.334.4046
antyler <@t> uncg.edu