[Histonet] charging and CPT questions

Zajic Kari Kari.Zajic <@t> HCAhealthcare.com
Wed Aug 2 11:40:55 CDT 2006

Hi Jim. I do not do muscle or nerve at my facility but we send to the University of Miami and they charge the following:

Muscle
88305 x1: Surgical Path,gross,micro
88313 x2: Paraffin: H&E Plastic
88314 x2: cryostat H&E Trichrome
88319 x8: Enzyme HistoChem: NADH,Esterase, ATPasex3,Cox, Cox & SDH, SDH

Nerve
88305 x1: Surg Path,gross,micro
88313 x6: Paraffin H&E,Trichrome,Luxol Fast Blue,Toludine Blue, Crystal Violet,Silver Stain
88314 x2: Cryostat: H&E,Trichrome
88319 x1: Frozen Section Histochem: Esterase
88348 x1: Nerve Electron Micro
88356 x1: Nerve Morphometry
88362 x1: Nerve Teased Preps

As far as frozen section touch preps, they came out with new CPT's in 2006 as follows:
88333 Path consult during surgery (cyto exam) initial site ie.touch prep,squash prep
      physician fee global $75-100+
      technical $17-25
88334 cyto exam, EACH ADDITIONAL SITE, touch prep,squash prep
      physicain fee $40-50+
      technical $10-15
this info was given to me by Health Systems Concepts,Inc.

hope this helps!!!
Kari :)

Kari Marie Zajic HT,MLT
Histology Supervisor
Palms West Hospital
Pathology Department
13001 State Road Eighty
Loxahatchee, Florida 33470
phone:      (561)798-6036
telefax:     (561)753-4298
voicemail: (561)753-4299
pager:       (561)610-4949
email: Kari.Zajic <@t> HCAHealthcare.com

This email and any files transmitted with it may contain PRIVILEGED or CONFIDENTIAL
information and may be read or used only by the intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient of the email or any of its attachment, please be advised that you have received this email in error and that any use, dissemination, distribution, forwarding, printing, or copying of this email or any attached files is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please immediately purge it and all attachments and notify the sender by reply email or contact the sender at the number listed.