[Histonet] charging and CPT questions

Vickroy, Jim Vickroy.Jim <@t> mhsil.com
Wed Aug 2 11:08:00 CDT 2006

Can anyone shed any light on the proper way to code and charge the
following:

1.	Muscle Biopsy Histochemistry - Frozen sections -88314 or 88319?
I'm not sure which one.

2.	Touch preps -  Done when we do a frozen section.   The frozen
section is 88331 and the touch prep should be 88333 or 88334?

      3.   Semi-thin sectioning of nerve biopsies - Plastic embedding
In the past we charged all nerve bxs with an 88348 (EM) charge since

                    not only did we do the semi-thin sectioning but we
also did the transmission EM.  Our neuropathologist  now wants the
semi-thin sections

                     routinely but not the rest of the EM examination.

Thanks

Jim Vickroy

Technical Supervisor - Surgical and Autopsy Pathology

Memorial Medical Center

specific individual and purpose, and is protected by law. If you are not the intended recipient,
you should delete this message. Any disclosure, copying, or distribution of this message, or the
taking of any action based on it, is strictly prohibited.