[Histonet] Additional question on POC for Genetic Studies

Luck, Greg D. LuckG <@t> empirehealth.org
Thu Apr 27 18:10:32 CDT 2006

Oh why not jump in,
That's why every hospital based anatomic pathology dept must have an
on-call pathologist
and tech (e.g. the pathologist to select the appropriate tissue sample
and a tech to follow-up with coordinating the transport and /or the
optimal preservation of the sample) until it can be dealt with during
regular hours of operation.  You already should have a pathologist on
call for frozens (e.g. organ harvesting) and a tech (e.g. if the tissue
processor goes down).  Seems straight forward to me.  That's one the
costs of doing business for our patients and clients in an acute care
setting of health care.
Greg Luck
Anatomic Path Spvr
Deaconess Med Cntr