[Histonet] CD-3 woes

Favara, Cynthia (NIH/NIAID) [E] cfavara <@t> niaid.nih.gov
Tue Apr 18 12:15:00 CDT 2006

I have been using Dako CD-3 on murine formalin fixed paraffin embedded
tissue and am experiencing some variation in staining. My protocol:
pretreatment with Citrate pH 6.0 @120C for 5 minutes under pressure, an
overnight incubation of the primary 1:1500 @4C, followed by 30 minute
incubation with Vector biotinylated anti Rabbit IgG 1:250, 30 minutes
Biogenex SS Streptavidin all steps following primary are done on the
Ventana Nexus @RT using their AEC. I used to do the stain reliably but
have a new lot and reliability is not optimal. I use a mouse spleen and
brain with T-cell infiltration as positive controls and a NL brain as a
negative control. Sometimes the stain is so crisp and other times it is
muddy with a decrease in the number of cells stained. I have checked lot
numbers on all regents and they are the same. It has occurred to me that
doing the peroxidase block following the primary could be problematic
however I do not see the same problem with other antibodies treated the
same way and seem to recall that peroxidase block is done by many
following the primary incubation. I have tried different buffers for
pretreatment and also PK. Any suggestions/ commiserations  would be
welcome.

Thanks,

Cynthia Favara
NIAID/NIH/RML/LPVD
903 South 4th Street
Hamilton, MT 59840
406-363-9317

Disclaimer:
The information in this e-mail and any of its attachments is
confidential and may contain sensitive information. It should not be
used by anyone who is not the original intended recipient. If you have
received this e-mail in error please inform the sender and delete it
from your mailbox or any other storage devices. National Institute of
Allergy and Infectious Diseases shall not accept liability for any
statements made that are sender's own and not expressly made on behalf
of the NIAID by one of its representatives