[Histonet] Pap Pen Blues

Andrea T. Hooper anh2006 <@t> med.cornell.edu
Wed Sep 28 10:29:57 CDT 2005

Hello All,

I have used Zymed Mini Pap pens for years now as through trials and
tribulations and talking with coworkers we agreed it was the best out
there. The pen rarely came up or leaked and gave beautiful results.
Even withstood heat retrieval in DAKO Target Retrieval Solution with
no problems. The stuff was indestructible!!

This is until recently ... I have noticed with the past several
orders that the formula has changed. The pap pen "ink" is now a blue
green in color (used to be more generic yellow/beige) and it does not
stay on well at all. I end up going home in a state of frustration
every day as I pap pen hundreds of slides with little success for the
entirety of my experiment. Arggggh!

So I have two questions:

(1) Has anyone else noticed this change in formula over the past year
or so? (It may have been longer as I was working with a stock of pap
pens before that)
(2) Who makes your favorite pap pen?

THANKS!
Andrea