[Histonet] Superfrost Plus slides

Smith, Jeffery D. (HSC) Jeffery-Smith <@t> ouhsc.edu
Wed Sep 28 09:07:15 CDT 2005

We are using VWR Superfrost Plus. We do hundreds of Immunos per week and have had no such problems.

________________________________

From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu on behalf of Cathy Malcontenti-Wilson
Sent: Wed 9/28/2005 3:33 AM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] Superfrost Plus slides

Dear All,
OK so question regarding the superfrost slides.
I use them for immunostaining and I remember a few years ago when cutting
sections and orientating them in the waterbath, if I got it wrong well bad
luck because the sections were well and truly stuck within a few seconds.
But now I can orientate them no problem, they lift off easily.
Even though they look like most of the sections are still attached, I am
getting all this strange background immunostaining around the edges of the
tissues and sometimes it looks as though something has been damaging the
tissue around the edges as well. I remember a while ago there was some
discussion on superfrost slides on histonet but I cant remember what the
conclusion was.
Has anyone noticed any changes with the superfrost slides, or do they
recommend one brand over another?
We use Menzel brand and have tried two suppliers, and both the superfrost
and the superfrost plus slides.
Thanks in advance.
Cathy