[Histonet] IHC background problems on chicken embryos

Katri Tuomala katri <@t> cogeco.ca
Mon Sep 26 20:09:38 CDT 2005

Hi Histonetters,
A colleague of mine is trying to get VWF (Dakocytomation) and VEGF(R&D
Systems) working on chicken tissue. The antibodies are performing well on
human and rat tissue, but excessive background is the problem with the
chicken. Would the blocking serums (normal goat and normal rabbit
respectively) be the problem as well as the biotinylated secondary reagents
raised in goat and rabbit? My experience is strictly with human tissues, so
I am stumped. To my knowledge neither of these antibodies have been proven
to work with chicken, so maybe that is the problem.
Any advice from "chicken" people?

Katri

Katri Tuomala
Hamilton, Ontario, Canada