[Histonet] Staining fibrin - thrombus

Andrea T. Hooper anh2006 <@t> med.cornell.edu
Mon Sep 26 19:27:30 CDT 2005

Hi All!

If you wanted to stain a paraffin section (frozen also available) of
mouse tissue and prove what you are seeing is a result of a
thrombotic event what stains would you use?

I was thinking to do an anti-fibrin immunostain (antibody suggestions
welcome) and perhaps some sort of fibrin special stain (I came up
with Carstairs' and Weigert's as probably being the best). Any
recommendations for antibodies, techniques, protocols, words of
wisdom?

Please any information, detailed or not, will be put to good use ...
and thanks!
Andrea