[Histonet] antigen retrieval for IHC

Patsy Ruegg pruegg <@t> ihctech.net
Mon Sep 26 10:58:46 CDT 2005

           Shi mentions in his book on pg.10 ANTIGEN RESTORATION "Simply
bathing deparaffinized sections in a cold 20% sucrose-saline solution could,
over several days, restore a certain amount of immunoreactivity."

In Introduction to IHC by Polak and Van Noorden on pg 24 3.8.1 "The simplest
form of reversing the effects of formalin is to wash the tissue well before
processing"

I am about to test these statements, as I just received tissues for an IHC
project that have been in 10% NBF for over one year.  I washed the tissues
in running tap h20 for 2 hrs., I will now process them into paraffin.  I am
planning as well to put some of the sections in 20% sucrose at 4dc for 2
days if I have trouble getting good IHC signal.  I will keep you all posted
on this experiment.  These are samples of mouse mammory tissue.  I will be
testing them with cleaved caspase 3 and Ki67 to start.  I have both of these
antibodies worked out very well for ffpe tissues fixed 24-48 hrs.

Patsy

Patsy Ruegg, HT(ASCP)QIHC
IHCtech, LLC
Fitzsimmons BioScience Park
12635 Montview Blvd. Suite 216
Aurora, CO 80010
P-720-859-4060
F-720-859-4110
wk email pruegg <@t> ihctech.net
web site www.ihctech.net

This email is confidential and intended solely for the use of the Person(s)
('the intended recipient') to whom it was addressed. Any views or opinions
presented are solely those of the author. It may contain information that is
privileged & confidential within the meaning of applicable law. Accordingly
any dissemination, distribution, copying, or other use of this message, or
any of its contents, by any person other than the intended recipient may
constitute a breach of civil or criminal law and is strictly prohibited. If
you are NOT the intended recipient please contact the sender and dispose of
this e-mail as soon as possible.