[Histonet] Frozen sections on cryoprotected CNS

Instrumedics info <@t> instrumedics.com
Wed Sep 21 14:11:04 CDT 2005

Thomas,
I think that you may solve your problems with the CryoJane Tape-Transfer
process. The section is captured on  a cold special tape as it is cut .It is
flat, unfolded and intact.  It is then transferred to a special cold
adhesive coated slide. The adhesive is polymerized with a 8 millisecond
flash. The tape is peeled away inside the cryostat.. The section remains
frozen during the entire process preserving the morphology. The section is
finally melted in a fixative where the melting of the ice and the fixation
happen simultaneously or by freeze substitution where the ice dissolves(no
melting)  in cold acetone. The section is "dry". The best preservation of
morphological detail is seen with freeze-substitution. The caveat is that
the tissue must be snap frozen so that the ice crystal growth is minimal.

Please visit our web for all the details www.instrumedics.com

Bernice
800-237-2772