[Histonet] Re: Slipping on floors

John Auld John.Auld <@t> whnt.nhs.uk
Fri Sep 2 11:41:51 CDT 2005

My understanding is that in the UK you should not use wheeled chairs on non
carpeted floors.

We recently had new flooring installed in the histo lab and went for non
slip flooring similar to that used in swimming pool areas. It's sooo good
much much better than the old wax impregnated lino that had been down for
years.. The cleaners regularly stipped and buffed the old stuff but even
early in the day before work got underway it was still slippy.

Get your employer to bite the bullet and get real non slip stuff down
before you get sued you know it makes sense

Have a good weekend and our thoughts are with those suffering from the
effects of Hurricane Katrina

John

John Auld MSc CSci FIBMS
BMS 4
Dept of Histopathology and Clinical Cytology
Arrowe Park Hospital
Arrowe Park Road
Upton
Wirral