[Histonet] SLIPPING ON FLOORS..a PLAN and ONE MORE QUESTION

Tim Wheelock twheelock <@t> mclean.harvard.edu
Thu Sep 1 13:17:22 CDT 2005

Thanks so much for everyone's input.
I really appreciate it.
I will start by doing the following:

1) Contact Building Services and ask them strip the wax off, then
strip/clean the floor, say once a month, and then to scrub-buff the most
problematic areas each week.
2) Keep the warning sign up on the door.
3) Try sticky mats in an attempt to contain the paraffin around the
embedding, cutting, and processing areas.
4) Contact the head of safety at McLean about the issue, as well as the
head of the safety sub-committee that I sit on for suggestions.
5) Bring up the issue at our monthly staff meeting.
6) Put all this this in writing so as to make this official and "cover"
myself.

One more question:

I have looked at the VRW on line catalogue.

They advertise 2 kinds of sticky mats.
"Critical Step multi-layered floor mats" and
"Clean Step Multi-layered floor mats with frames"

Is one better than the other for histology labs?
Can you use rolling chairs on the sticky mats?

Thank you,

Tim Wheelock
Harvard Brain Tissue Resource Center
McLean Hospital