[Histonet] Re: Tissue with Fat

Arshia Mian amian <@t> thermage.com
Thu Oct 13 11:32:24 CDT 2005

I have been having some problems with cutting Tissue with Fat on a
cryostat (box temp and

object temp are at -20C).  The slices I cut tend to curl in the middle
of the block close to the tissue. I have

changed the blade several times, but it still continues to happen even
with a new blade. Is there any correlation

between the box temp and the object temp that would cause this to
happen? Any suggestions?

I have also noticed that at times, even though my setting is set to 20
microns, that I get thick and thin cuts.

Any suggestions on this as well? I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks.