[Histonet] mounting media for EGFP in liver

Caroline Bass cbass <@t> bidmc.harvard.edu
Wed Oct 12 16:19:07 CDT 2005

Hello,

I have used a viral vector to transduce liver and pancreatic tissues
in the mouse with EGFP and RFP.  I have cut portions of the liver and
pancreas into small blocks and fixed overnight with NBF.  What is the
best way to visualize the signal?  I want to cut 30 micron sections,
as I only have access to a sliding microtome.  Could someone
recommend a good, and hopefully inexpensive, mounting media for
fluorescence?  I have a fairly strong signal but I am worried about
losing it if I use the wrong product.  I am not very experienced with
fluorescence so I really don't know what to use.

Someone recommended Aqua PolyMount from polysciences.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Caroline