[Histonet] RE: Tissue fixation help

Charles Scouten cwscouten <@t> myneurolab.com
Mon Oct 3 14:53:35 CDT 2005

Just very curious.  Why would anybody paraffin embed after the tissue
had already been frozen? Either way gets it hard enough to cut, which is
the purpose of both procedures.

Cordially,
Charles W.  Scouten, Ph.D.
myNeuroLab.com
5918 Evergreen Blvd.
St. Louis, MO 63134
Ph: 314 522 0300 x 342
FAX  314 522 0377
cwscouten <@t> myneurolab.com
http://www.myneurolab.com

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Patsy
Ruegg
Sent: Monday, October 03, 2005 2:46 PM
To: 'C.M. van der Loos'; Histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: RE: [Histonet] RE: Tissue fixation help

I too have thawed tissue in rt formalin and then processed and embedded
in paraffin which good morphology and IHC results (haven't tried with
antibodies to phosphorylated sites but other IHC has been fine, it all
depends on if the samples was properly frozen in the first place)  I
tried to do this with some heart tissue which had just been placed in a
-80dc freezer with out snap freezing in OCT and it was awful, but the
frozen section was bad as well.
Patsy

Patsy Ruegg, HT(ASCP)QIHC
IHCtech, LLC
Fitzsimmons BioScience Park
12635 Montview Blvd. Suite 216
Aurora, CO 80010
P-720-859-4060
F-720-859-4110
wk email pruegg <@t> ihctech.net
web site www.ihctech.net

Person(s) ('the intended recipient') to whom it was addressed. Any views
or opinions presented are solely those of the author. It may contain
information that is privileged & confidential within the meaning of
applicable law. Accordingly any dissemination, distribution, copying, or
other use of this message, or any of its contents, by any person other
than the intended recipient may constitute a breach of civil or criminal
law and is strictly prohibited. If you are NOT the intended recipient
please contact the sender and dispose of this e-mail as soon as
possible.