[Histonet] Slide Adhesion;toenail for fungus stain

Patsy Ruegg pruegg <@t> ihctech.net
Thu Nov 17 12:55:45 CST 2005

It is really tuff to get toe nails and cartilage to stay on the slide,
especially if you use heat when staining.  My very best method includes
pre-coating slides with a 5% elmers glue solution, let the slides airdry
very well after coating, I usually airdry overnight.  Use these slides to
pick up your sample and then airdry them with the section on them again
overnight.  To melt the paraffin I place the airdryed sections on a flat
slide warming plate at 55dc for 10 min., followed again by complete
airdrying.
Patsy

Patsy Ruegg, HT(ASCP)QIHC
IHCtech, LLC
Fitzsimmons BioScience Park
12635 Montview Blvd. Suite 216
Aurora, CO 80010
P-720-859-4060
F-720-859-4110
wk email pruegg <@t> ihctech.net
web site www.ihctech.net

This email is confidential and intended solely for the use of the Person(s)
('the intended recipient') to whom it was addressed. Any views or opinions
presented are solely those of the author. It may contain information that is
privileged & confidential within the meaning of applicable law. Accordingly
any dissemination, distribution, copying, or other use of this message, or
any of its contents, by any person other than the intended recipient may
constitute a breach of civil or criminal law and is strictly prohibited. If
you are NOT the intended recipient please contact the sender and dispose of
this e-mail as soon as possible.