[Histonet] H&E Staining of Frozen Sections

Rene J Buesa rjbuesa <@t> yahoo.com
Thu Nov 17 12:29:31 CST 2005

We used to follow the following protocol:
  1- fix the frozen section  in acetone X 10 secs.
  2- distilled water x 10 secs
  3- hematoxylin x 30 secs
  4- tap water
  5- quick dip in acid alcohol
  6- eosin 5-10 secs.
  7- 95% ethanol > 100% ethanol x2 > xylene X2 > coverslip.
  The pathologists had the slide ready in about 2-3 minutes.
  Rene J.

Rebecca Jo <beckyjo <@t> email.unc.edu> wrote:
  Hi Histoneters-

I was wondering if someone could give me a protocol for H&E staining on frozen
sections. I assume I can just skip over the deparaffinizing steps and go
straight to the staining, but I wanted to know how long I should keep the
sections in hematoxylin. Just enough to stain the sections? Any help would
be greatly appreciated.

-Cheers

--
Rebecca E. Jo