[Histonet] any suggestions?

Patsy Ruegg pruegg <@t> ihctech.net
Thu Nov 10 10:23:37 CST 2005

Renee the IHC question asker.  I too, like Gayle think that your question
was appropriate for this list and I thought that you gave a lot of
information.  In my opinion yes he should be using goat serum block to match
up with his secondary host.  There may also be a too close species with his
anti-rat primary on ms tissue causing non specific binding of ms serum IgG
just because ms and rat are so closely related. Frozen sections can be very
active with antigen since they don't go thru all the processing related to
ffpe tissue, so in my experience you need to carefully titer your IHC
antibody reagents often diluting much more than you would for ffpe tissue.
Also much of the endogenous issues, such as biotin, peroxidase and alk.phos.
Are inhanced in frozens, or preserved more than in ffpe tissue.  AB block,
fc receptor block, serum block before the primary and before the secondary
are all things I consider with frozen IHC, or I try to avoid the biotin
issue altogether by using a non biotin labeled polymer detection.  Maybe
this person is inexperienced but we all started somewhere, so probably with
just a little help we can make a big difference for this person, that is
what we are here for, right?
Patsy

Patsy Ruegg, HT(ASCP)QIHC
IHCtech, LLC
Fitzsimmons BioScience Park
12635 Montview Blvd. Suite 216
Aurora, CO 80010
P-720-859-4060
F-720-859-4110
wk email pruegg <@t> ihctech.net
web site www.ihctech.net

This email is confidential and intended solely for the use of the Person(s)
('the intended recipient') to whom it was addressed. Any views or opinions
presented are solely those of the author. It may contain information that is
privileged & confidential within the meaning of applicable law. Accordingly
any dissemination, distribution, copying, or other use of this message, or
any of its contents, by any person other than the intended recipient may
constitute a breach of civil or criminal law and is strictly prohibited. If
you are NOT the intended recipient please contact the sender and dispose of
this e-mail as soon as possible.