[Histonet] RE: automated microtomes

Osborn, Sharon sharon.osborn <@t> dnax.org
Thu May 5 14:17:14 CDT 2005

Palo Alto, CA

Message: 13
Date: Thu, 5 May 2005 11:54:10 +1200
From: "Kathy Paton \(WDHB\)" <Kathy.Paton <@t> waitematadhb.govt.nz>
Subject: RE: [Histonet] Automated Microtome
To: "Nita Searcy" <NSEARCY <@t> swmail.sw.org>,
<D098315266EBB44BACBFC6203E6A5067FFD4CB <@t> NSHEXG001.healthcare.huarahi.health.
govt.nz>

We have a staff member with early degenerative shoulder arthritis.  The
manual microtome did aggravate her condition badly, effecting her
ability to work efficiently and without pain.   I purchased the Leica
RM2155 motorized microtome and very very rapidly indeed her condition
improved.   Now two years later ( I have just spoken to her) she has
absolutely no pain at all.   I must mention tho' the other staff are
very reluctant to use this "new-fangled-technology".   Just habit I
guess.
Kathy Paton
Auckland
New Zealand