[Histonet] Veterinary version of Ackermans' surgical pathology

Kathy Cormier cormier <@t> MIT.EDU
Thu May 5 05:05:44 CDT 2005

>Hey Greg and the rest of the Histonet Gang,

I suppose that I should mention that this is for training a med tech
(snatched one from the dark side!!) in mouse surveillance, we are trying to
get a guideline in place so that this tech will have a better idea of what
is normal and what is outside of normal limits. Spontaneous tumors and
lesions are pretty clear and easy to see, but "slightly enlarged kidney" is
a bit harder to define and to learn. We know that this is just one of those
learning curves and it the more mice this tech sees the better he will be,
but we were hoping to make it a bit easier for him. We do have a nice atlas
for him to help ID organs in rodents, so we are not completely out in the cold!

Thanks for all the help!

Kathy
DCM -MIT