[Histonet] RE: Normal donkey serum block solution

C.M. van der Loos c.m.vanderloos <@t> amc.uva.nl
Tue May 3 01:50:23 CDT 2005

   Guofeng,

   Indeed if you have two secondary antibodies raised in donkey, normal
   donkey serum should be used for blocking. Just prepare a
   1:10-20 dilution in PBS or TBS and incubate 15 min at RT. Do not wash,
   but blot off the normal serum and apply your primary.

   In case of two secondaries raised in different species you have to be
   aware first there will be no cross-reaction between those species. Two
   secondaries from the same species is always the best. However, in the
   situation of horse and donkey secondaries, cross-reaction seems highly
   unlikely. Just prepare a mixture for blocking composed of normal horse
   1:20 and normal donkey 1:20 in PBS or TBS. Otherwise use the
   DakoCyto Protein Block, serum-free (X0909).

   Chris van der Loos, PhD
   Dept. of Pathology
   Academical Medical Center M2-230
   Meibergdreef 9